Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Break...How's It Going?

So, as some of you know, I'm still on my break from my CGMS. It's been weird. Good. Bad. Crazy. I have been testing my blood sugar more often. Not as often as I was pre-CGMS, but more. And I'm working on testing even more. Thank goodness for pump alarms that I can set to remind me.

The most annoying thing that I've been doing is getting up to do a 2:30 am test. I'll admit, I don't do it every night. But I have been doing it most nights. Last night my phone alarm went off. I turned it off and went back to sleep. Maybe I should put it across the room?? LOL

My mom, who doesn't really know what's going on, has actually been calling me most mornings. Which is funny. Before I went on CGMS someone (either my mom or a friend) called me almost every morning.

CGMS is a blessing. But when you take it for granted, you end up having to pay for it. I'm working on getting myself back to a place where I can gladly put my CGMS back on and use it in the way it was intended to be used.

I look forward to it.

Technology is a great thing. Technology saves lives, both in the short and long term. But it has to be used wisely and correctly. I'm forcing myself to do this. For me. For my health. For my peace of mind.
How long will my self-imposed hiatus be? I'm still not sure. I'm at a week. We'll see how it goes from here. Two weeks? Three? A month?

I'll keep you updated. And please continue to keep me in your thoughts.

2 comments:

Jess said...

you can do this, friend. remember that you're never alone. <3

Nina said...

I'm taking a break from mine right now too, and it's both empowering and terrifying. We can get through this. :-)