Saturday, May 7, 2011

To My Mom

Sunday is Mother's Day. I love my mom every single day of the year. I think I love her more every single day I think. But this year holds a little bit more of a special meaning to me. And it's all because of a post written about a week ago by Hallie from The Princess and the Pump. At the beginning of May Hallie and her husband J had a terrifying experience with their Princess, Sweet Pea. She wrote about it in a post called The Scariest Night of My Life. When I read this post, I cried. I cried tears for Hallie and her husband. I cried tears for my mom and dad.

I know, beyond the shadow of a doubt that I put both of my parents though similarly terrifying experiences through the years. But I never really thought about how it affected them. Though my dad did some of my care, my mom was my primary care giver, especially when it came to diabetes.

Thank you Mom. I can’t tell you in any amount of words or blog posts how much you mean to me and how much I love you. But here are some of the things that I need to thank you for.

Thank you for the sleepless nights.
Thank you for the times you worried.
Thank you for the countless prayers you’ve prayed for me.
Thank you for letting me be a kid.
Thank you for the doctor visits and the subsequent buying of a troll to add to my hideously large collection.
Thank you for always reminding me, “You’d better take care of your diabetes or it will take care of you.” :)
Thank you for always loving me, even when I was impossible.
Thank you for each and every time you put what I wanted before anything that you wanted.
Thank you. I love you.


5 comments:

Sandy said...

I just found your blog. Nice to "meet" you! I look forward to reading!

Hallie Addington said...

Just Beautiful! I love your note to your Mom - and I know she loves it, too!

I also know those trolls...! :)

Alexis Nicole said...

I love the troll part.

Happy mothers day to your mama and thank you for your constant support to me as a dmama. Xoxo!

Lora said...

That is so sweet!!! I know your mom loved it.

Karen said...

What a beautiful post for your beautiful mom!!