Thursday, May 12, 2011

10 Thing I Hate About You, Diabetes


Along the vein of one of my favorite movies of all times, 10 Things I Hate About You (R.I.P. Heath Ledger), I write today's post. It's not the best sounding in the world, and in truth, it's slightly more than 10 things, but there were slightly more than 10 things in the movie poem as well (count 'em!).


10 Things I Hate About You, Diabetes
I hate the way you sneak up on me and the way you make me bleed.

I hate the way you interrupt my life, I hate it that you’re there.

I hate your stupid highs and lows and the way they mess with my mind.

I hate it when you make me sick, even when it’s a bad time.

I hate the infusion site changes and the needles and the pain.

I hate it when you make me tired, even more so when you make me cry.

I hate it that you’re always in my thoughts and the fact that you always come first.

But mostly I hate that you’ll never be gone. Not even close. Not even a little bit. Not even at all.
. 

5 comments:

Meagan said...

Great post! :D

Allison Blass said...

I also did a parody to the 10 Things poem on DiabetesMine. I figured that I would not be the only child of the 90s to do it, but it's interesting to see the different spin on it!

Sara said...

We should keep a list! So far, you, Allison, and me!

Maybe the list should have ages next to it too! :)

Pearlsa said...

Great Post

Cath said...

Hi Cara, I like your blog and try to read all your posts. I´m from Peru, love that poem in the movie and yours is incredible. The way you make it fit with some (because there are much more than 10 things...)of the things we hate about diabetes. It´s awesome!