Thursday, February 3, 2011

Maybe...


Maybe it's the cold winter weather and all the snow and rain. Maybe not. But my diet has gone to crap in the past several months. I used to be so good about limiting my fast food, and not eating pizza, and too much pasta or a lot of sugary foods. I did my best to eat fresh fruit and at least some veggies. But lately, all I've wanted is junk food.

Sweets, pizza, greasy foods. It's not that I haven't always loved them, I've just been better about controlling my urge to actually consume them all the freaking time! Not lately though. And my waistline feels it. I've gained weight. My insulin intake is up (partially from consuming more carbs, and partially from the crazy blood sugars that often go hand in hand with unhealthy foods). And I don't really feel good about myself right now.

I refuse to make my diet, exercise, or weight an New Year's resolution. I never keep those things anyway. :) But I do acknowledge my need to get back on track when it comes to my eating habits. And I'm going to start.

By no means will I give up all my junk food (I never do), but I am going to start making myself remember that I need to eat in moderation. Maybe then I can shed some of this weight, and eventually work my way back up to exercising again. We'll see...

3 comments:

Her Name Is Lola said...

I guess we might need to undecorate the "Christmas Tree" :P

Karen said...

I am right there with you. The saddest thing? Reading this post makes me want to dive into the bag of Ruffles in my pantry. *sigh*

Nicole said...

sounds like a great plan, I really need to get myself more focused on healthy eating and moderate eating as well.

I LOVE all those kinds of food...yummy!!