Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow Dayz

I have been waiting all winter long for a good snow. We have a few light dustings. Nothing to even cover the ground really. I am a sucker for snow. I hate dark and dreary winter, but I love it when it snows. Go figure.

Unfortunately for me, it doesn't snow a lot here in Tennessee. In fact, the whole world nearly shuts down if we get a couple of inches.

Yesterday, around noon, it started to spit icy stuff. By the time I left work at 4:30 it had turned into snow and was starting to stick to the ground! Yeah snow!

This morning I woke up to this:



These pictures were not taken by me, since my camera is currently not in my possession. But a friend of mine took these pictures this morning and e-mailed them to me. She was gracious enough to allow me to share them with all of you.

I know we haven't gotten near as much snow as some of my fellow bloggers (Amylia!) who have been practically snowed in. But I got the snow I'd been waiting on all winter.

Now that I've had this snow, bring on the spring!

8 comments:

Donna said...

I'm glad you got your snow! The pictures are very pretty.

meanderings said...

We got a foot of the white stuff last night. If I could, I would send every bit of it to you!

Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

Cara, just let me know if you ever want some snow. I'll send you a few spare inches from Chicago, too :) But for some reason it's more picturesque down your way!

Vivian said...

Love the pics. The kids were so excited about the snow yesterday and the snow day. However, they were sad this morning that you get another snow day and they had to board the bus. lol Hope you are enjoying your break, have a great day.

Cara said...

Donna, I am so glad I got my snow too! It was just fantastic.
Collene & Araby, thanks for the offer of snow, I may have to take you up on it someday. :D
Vivian, days like yesterday and today make me wish I was still teaching. Tell your kids it could be worse! The year I was teaching in Smith county we didn't even get 1 snow day!!!! Yikes! :)

Scott K. Johnson said...

Yeah - I'm kind of feeling that I want to be done with snow for the year.

Is the person who took the pictures the same one who hijacked your camera? That would be kind of funny...

dae said...

Oh so pretty! :) I don't see snow around here, but it looks really dream-like. I am sure I wouldn't be a fan of the cold though.

Naomi said...

I've waited for the snow all season, but we've gotten bupkis! A little ice, which is worse than anything.

I guess the flowers might as well show their faces now!