Thursday, May 10, 2007

I love my friends.


I usually post at night, but while I am home on lunch I just thought I would quickly give all my millions of readers (imagine me rolling my eyes on that one!) a few reasons why I love my friends.

This weekend I had a friend come to Tennessee from Washington, DC. She was visiting her brother for the weekend and with her only being a few hours from me, of course I had to go visit. I also took another friend with me.

I must say I had a blast! My friends make me laugh, they are great support, they tell me when I'm being an idiot, and they take care of me when I can't take care of myself.

I have more friends than the 2 in this picture, but these are the 2 I was with. We went shopping, we had lunch, and even hung out in a hot tub. Basically had lots of fun!


Here's the diabetes related part:

The tall one is my friend from DC. Her brother is a diabetic and also on a MiniMed pump. He was one of the first people I ever met that had a pump and that really helped me to get over my fear of "being attached" to something. She is always understanding and never complains if I say I have to eat or I'm low.

The other girl is also a friend from college. Her dad is a Type 2 diabetic but takes shots, along with some other meds. She understands and is always looking out for me. Sometimes she can even tell if my blood sugar is too high or low before I can. She's just another friend who doesn't judge, cares, and doesn't push me.

It's nice to have friends who can understand diabetes. They may not understand what it is like to have the disease, or to have to deal with it 24/7, but they understand because they have seen their loved ones deal with it. I don't have to explain everything diabetic to them. I don't have to give them Diabetic 101. They just understand. And that is nice.

No comments: